Odyssey

25 Jul, 2005

The GM Diet

Posted by: Gargs In: Life and Personal

One interesting experience I had on my visit to India this summer was seeing the popularity of a weight loss diet program called “The GM Diet“. Almost everyone I know had tried this diet atleast once and seen great results in a week.

I, personally, am not a fan of diets (could also have to do with my lazy lifestyle), but I did try to find more information about this scheme, and was amazed to find very little information online. In fact, the link above is the only comprehensive webpage I was able to find that explained the origins as well as procedure for adapting this diet.

On the outset, the diet looks pretty good, and is different from other low carb diets. It is more “Indian diet friendly” as it includes a lot of fruits and vegetables that Indians eat anyway. From what I have been told, the beef could be easily substitued with any other high protein substance like tofu.

Maybe it is time for me to give it a shot …

13 Responses to "The GM Diet"

1 | Ideamani

July 27th, 2005 at 2:39 pm

Gargs, the diet is good if you want to lose some weight quickly but the minute you get off the diet, you gain back all of the weight you lost !

2 | Gargs

July 27th, 2005 at 4:25 pm

Vel,

I think that is the case with all diet programs. They are intended to initiate the weightloss. After the initial impetus it is pretty much up to you to sustain it.

3 | Ideamani

July 30th, 2005 at 6:30 am

True, but this diet is pretty extreme to the extent that its not sustainable at all …

4 | Sonali Agrawal

August 10th, 2005 at 7:55 am

Well written article on this Big B….As you must be knowing i did follow this GM diet for one week..and the results were really great. I lost around 7 kg weight and after the whole diet, i never felt like eating a lot again. My diet since then has become controlled. I neither eat too much nor too less. Its a proper diet and since then my weight has been maintained. http://e-healthcareindia.com/medyindia/dietchart/index.phtml is a good link to know more about this diet….

5 | PINK_BUTTERFLY

May 3rd, 2006 at 1:50 am

I am starting this diet tommorrow.I will keep you posted.
Sonali, losing 7 kilos sounds great hope this works for me.
I am vegetarian can i eat paneer or soya beans instead?

6 | Sonali

May 4th, 2006 at 8:37 am

Pink_Butterfly,

GM diet does not include food which is non-veg. It talks about eating fruits, vegetables, etc. I guess you should follow the instructions that it tells. I followed exactly the same way the site told me to. That should work fine. Paneer is considered to be good but heavy as well if you only stick to it for one whole day.

7 | soniya

May 9th, 2006 at 6:48 am

Hi sonali
you seem to be an inspiration to people like me who want to loose weight and at the same time reduce the regular portions one eats normally.
I’v started this programme and today is my 2nd day.I’m hopeful that i’ll be able to sustain this and loose weight.

8 | preeti

September 14th, 2006 at 7:21 am

goin to start this diet from tomorrow ….lets see

9 | Yolanda Killings

March 22nd, 2007 at 9:27 am

I’m on day 4 of a slightly different version of the GM diet. The plan that I’m using consists of 1 cup of rice on day 5 & 6 instead of meat and the fact that they suggest 3 days off before starting the diet again for another 7 days. Other than those items everything else seems to be the same. This is the first time that I’ve tried this diet, even though I’ve had it for about 1 year. So far, I’ve lost a total of 8 pounds. I have incorporated a strict exercise routine in addition to the diet to maximize the results. I’ve also talked 2 other co-workers and my mom to try the diet.

10 | Sonali Agrawal

March 24th, 2007 at 10:40 am

Yolanda….Thats good. But are you including meat in this diet? Well, I can’t say anything on that since I am Vegetarian.

My Husband recently did this GM diet, and he too lost around 6 kg of weight. And it does work I must say, he eats very less now. And about me, due to the birth of my daughter, I can’t stick to GM diet. But I will do that after she turns 1 year. Thanks to all the GM diet fans…..

11 | Kavita

May 2nd, 2007 at 8:12 am

What can vegetarians have instead of beef?and in what quantity?Planning to start the diet from tomorrow

12 | Sonali Agrawal

May 3rd, 2007 at 5:04 pm

Just stick to vegetables. And eat them till your hearts content. Tomato itself is good for iron and proteins.

13 | raisonavery

August 2nd, 2013 at 7:21 am

Hi, what a great web blog. I usually spend hours on the net reading blogs on various subjects. It affected me when I read your blog. Thanks for giving me such type of useful information.Gm Diet

Comment Form

Categories

July 2005
M T W T F S S
« Jun   Aug »
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

• raisonavery: Hi, what a great web blog. I usually spend hours on the net reading blogs on various subjects. It affected me when I read your blog. Thanks for giving
  • Shawana Bruyn: Dating or being married to an American woman is like driving a beat-up Ford Escort. If you are only used to driving a beat-up Ford Escort, then you ha
  • Margorie Scandalios: i really love indian music because it is quite exotics ' Our personal website http://www.homeimprovementstuffs.com/some-examples-of-tub-chairs/

About

This is an example of a WordPress page, you could edit this to put information about yourself or your site so readers know where you are coming from.